An 18th Century estate in Normandy, near the seaside towns of Honfleur and Deauville and under two hours from Paris and its airports. A great location for the races or exploring this historic area and beautiful beaches.
The estate consists of 50 hectares of land – consisting of gardens, woods, orchards and farmland – and is on the edge of a small village and close to a market town. The main building is the chateau, which was built in about 1641 and extended in 1726. In addition, there is a range of independent buildings built in the 17th and early 18th century. Some of these, like the Château, are built in brick and stone, whilst others are oak-frame buildings typical of Normandy.
The house was completely restored about 40 years ago to the highest standards, when the current floor plans were established and the marble and parquet floors laid. However, since then there has been a thorough update of the estate including luxurious redecoration, the restoration of the farmhouse and stable-block and the construction of a large swimming pool. The estate now provides first class accommodation and facilities. The Château is in the heart of the estate and is surrounded by traditional Norman buildings that are dotted around the gardens including The Pool House and the Farm.
The Pool House is a beautiful, traditional barn which was fully restored in 2004 to create a function room with large kitchen, beautiful galleried hall and two shower rooms. The hall is 14 metres long and can seat 28 people for dinner and two shower rooms. It has windows opening to the pool which is heated and functional from June to September inclusive. Upstairs is the spa area.